Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
The safety of our guests and staff is our primary concern. What we are doing for you:
- Ongoing training for all Managers and staff in the procedures for hygiene and cleanliness.
- Increased frequency of cleaning with approved disinfectants on all high touch surfaces, guestrooms, and public areas.
- Implementation of enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for restaurants, room service, and any special events.
- Installation of social distancing floor decals in public areas including elevators and hygiene signage at all entrances of hotel.
- Installation of hand sanitizing stations to be placed in key guest and employee entrances and public areas throughout the hotel.
- Installation of plexiglass at the front desk and concierge.
- Guests will be advised prior to arrival that masks are required in all common areas.
- All employees are required to wear a mask.
What we ask of you:
- In order for us to follow the CDC’s social distancing protocols, we are asking all guests to follow these guidelines.
- Anyone entering the hotel will be required to wear a mask in all public areas of the hotel, except for children under 2.
- Reservations will be honored subject to each individual passing a temperature check performed by a non-contact forehead thermometer. We will not check-in anyone with a temperature reading greater than 99.5 F.
- After check-in, face-covering is required in the public areas, lobby, elevators, and pool area.
- Self-Parking is available but Valet Parking service temporarily discontinued until further notice. Individuals requiring special assistance are requested to notify the hotel prior to arrival.
- No buffet service available, however table service available.
- Prior reservation with the restaurant required for all meals including breakfast.
- The Fitness center is closed until further notice. At the time authorization to operate is permitted by the regulatory authorities, reservations will be required for the use of our fitness facility.
- Housekeeping services are available by request only and scheduled when the room is unoccupied.
As always, we will follow the CDC guidelines and make necessary adjustments to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
BAL HARBOUR EMERGENCY MEASURES ISOLATION OF INDIVIDUALS TRAVELING TO BAL HARBOUR
- All persons arriving in Bal Harbour Village by any means or mode of transportation from outside the United States or from the following areas (Connecticut, New York, New Jersey) shall isolate or quarantine for 14 days from the date occupancy in Bal Harbour Village.
- We are anticipating that the DOMESTIC (Above 3 States Order) will be lifted as of July 7th, 2020 and we will update the information if there are any changes.
- For guests-residents arriving from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and those countries NOT listed below link, the COVID19 Nasal Swab Test (not antibodies test) can be utilized.
- Please note that there are certain countries which must fulfill the full 14 days of quarantine and cannot take the nasal swab test to release them from the requirement. ( China, Iran, Brazil, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom). https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/17/fact-sheet-dhs-notice-arrival-restrictions-china-iran-and-certain-countries-europe This list now includes Brazil
- This order shall not apply to persons employed by the airlines, and those performing military, emergency or health response.
- This order shall not apply to persons who leave such isolation or quarantine for the sole purpose of seeking medical treatment.
- This order shall take effect immediately.
- All persons isolating or quarantining under this Order shall be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine, including transportation, lodging, food, medical care, and any other expenses to sustain the person during the period of isolation or quarantine.
- All persons covered under Section 1 of this Order shall immediately inform Hotel Staff upon arrival.
- Hotel Manager shall provide the collected information to the Bal Harbour Police Department upon receipt of the information.
- This Order may be further amended to include additional states where community spread is documented by the CDC.
- The Order are not only rationally related to, but are also narrowly tailored to the state of emergency. This order is the least restrictive means of achieving the compelling governmental interest of mitigating and slowing the further spread of the COVID-19 virus in the Village and its concomitant impacts on the region’s health care system serving the Village.
- The emergency measures that have been ordered and promulgated above by Jorge M. Gonzalez, Village Manager of Bal Harbour, FLORIDA shall be effective June 1st, 2020 at 12:01 A.M., until the expiration of the Bal Harbour Village declaration of a state of emergency dated March 13, 2020.